*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Losing partner after 44 years together

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Harry B, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Harry B

Harry B New Member

After losing my beloved wife on June 7th 2018 suddenly and coping with the limbo one is in when awaiting coroners report and Post Mortem. She died of natural cause - aortic aneurism and haemorrhage. Although I am sure she died at home the doctors detected electrical activity and did not pronounce her dead until she was assessed in hospital. The coroner himself telephoned me and said no one could have done anything but electrical activity is a sign of life. Myself and two of our children were let in the theatre where I asked them to stop the resuscitation machine. I write this as a memory to my wife in hope of helping to cope with our loss.
    Harry B

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your wife. My mother died suddenly in May. She and my father were married 61 years. I have now taken him in with me as he can not live alone. I hope you find this site helpful.

3. Judy Mary

Judy Mary New Member

Sorry to hear about your wife. I lost my husband of 42 years in August 2016. Lean on your support system .That is what has gotten me through. Day at a time, sometimes hour at a time .

4. Cecil Thomas

Cecil Thomas New Member

Losst mate after 61 years , having a very hard time trying to adjust to her loss.

5. Aching heart

Aching heart New Member