*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Losing my Pet 6 months after my husband

Discussion in 'Dealing With Multiple Losses' started by PaulaV, Oct 24, 2018.

1. PaulaV

PaulaV Member

I remember saying to myself after I lost my husband 6 months ago At least I have Mimi my precious Kitty.
    There's another heartbeat in the house. Then she progressively stopped eating and losing weight . I desperately wanted to save her life in the midst of raw grief. I believe I was in denial afraid of losing her. She passed on her own terms yesterday and once again I'm lost. Should have I euthanized her sooner? Plays over and over in my mind. I saw her drinking water and I was wishfully hoping she would turn the corner. How do you deal with heartache on top of heartache? I'm at a loss

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your husband and your feline companion. I did the "what if" scenario with my last dog. Wondered if I had done everything possible, if I should have acted sooner, etc. That seems to be very common - whether the loved one we lost is human or otherwise. I don't have any great advice, but I hope that venting here will be of some help.

3. PaulaV

PaulaV Member

Thank you I’m sorry for your losses as well. We tend to beat ourselves up instead of extending compassion to ourselves as we would be compassionate with others. We’re all human it’s just stress and despair loss after loss. Hopefully in time it will soften. Thanks again!