*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lose of my very best husband truck driver

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Monica Barth, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Monica Barth

Monica Barth Member

My name is monica and I have lost my husband of 13 years. He was an over the road truck driver and suffered a stroke and died 2 1/2 weeks later . He was my everything and I’m so lost without him. He and I was living in nc . He was very ill with heart problems the last two years. He had a melanoma skin cancer removed February 2016. That’s when his afib started and worse the last year. He developed a lung nodule and had gallbladder problems. Such a terrible year . I was his friend , caregiver, the keeper of his heart , and he made me whole. Now I feel lost and have this whole big hole in my life where he used to be. I don’t know how to go on. He died out of state while working! My worst fear in the world . It’s been a nightmare for me and I feel like I can’t get out. Any other truckers wife’s out there?

2. Kathy Sullivan

Kathy Sullivan New Member

Sorry for your loss. My husband died in August unexpectedly. He was diagnosed in May with throat cancer and was given a good prognosis. He woke up one morning and said he didn't feel right so I took him to the hospital and he passed 20 hours later. He was an over the road truck driver. I miss him so much. No one seems to understand my emotions these days.

3. Monica Barth

Monica Barth Member

Kathy thank you so much. I know how it feels . It was not what I expected to happen. What makes it worse he died out of state. It’s been so hard on me. I am so tired and I have been working trying to cope. He was my very best friend and I am so aware of my surroundings now more so because he isn’t come home . I’m sorry for your loss.

4. Reremilz

Reremilz New Member

Hi monica. I'm new here but my husband was a truck driver. He was my world, my everything. We were best friends and it showed. He passed away on Thanksgiving day at his friends home. He had atv accident he was 32 and our children were there as well. My whole world stopped and people seem to think that I should be ok by now. But my world is still at a stand still. The world is constantly going but my day in and day out I'm just existing. I'm lost, confused, overwhelmed, scared, stuck and people say it's a mind thing. Idk about you but even when my mind wants to think something other than what I'm feeling it can't. I'm heartbroken and I can't take this feeling away no matter how much I try and change my thoughts. That don't work for me. Sorry for your lost. I don't wish this pain on any of us. I don't have family or friends that genuinely support me or understand my situation. So I hope you are getting the love and support you need from friends and family its important.

5. Monica Barth

Monica Barth Member

I know it’s hard more harder then ever. I miss his laugh the most. He was such a bright spot in my life and he could make anything funny. His name was Donnie and he was 61 and oh how I miss him. Keep talking to me it helps!