Loosing more than just my sister

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by llm’s_sister, Dec 3, 2018.

1. llm’s_sister

llm’s_sister New Member

I lost my sister 10 months ago due to an overdose. We were extremely close. I had my daughter just 6 weeks before she died and we had all these plans to raise my daughter and her two girls together. With my new baby girl and a young step son, I wasn’t given much time to grieve. I had to jump right back into taking care of my family and life has been very busy ever since. I miss my sister and I still grieve when I can. But the thing that has been the most hard to deal with this past year is what the death of my sister has done to my parents. I feel like I am watching them slowly and painfully wither away. They are unrecognizable. I don’t blame them at all. I can’t imagine what they are going through and I pray I never have to find out. I feel like little pieces of them are dying everyday since the day my sister died. I can’t help them and there is nothing I can do for them. I honestly just wish to talk to someone who is going through the same thing. I hate watching my parents suffer like this. I lost my sister/best friend but they Literally lost a piece of them. And they continue to loose pieces everyday.