*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Life is impossible without dad

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by @APPY, May 16, 2020.

1. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

I am finding it so very difficult to stay alive. Nothing is able to console me. A constant pain in the heart . I am missing my dad so very much . I have no clue how to continue.

2. Cora1961

Cora1961 Well-Known Member

@appy,
    So sorry for your loss. Please just take one step in front of the other and continue forward. I know how it feels to feel so lost without your loved ones. My mother passed in February 2016 and my loving wonderful husband just passed away in October 2019. And I worry a lot about my father who is 83 now. But u have to be brave and keep on living cuz your loved ones who not want u to suffer because of them leaving and they had no control of their passing. My husband was and still is my rock and I love and miss him every day. But I know he would want me to be strong for our children and grandchildren. Please just take it one day at a time and try to breathe. That’s what I have to do, some days are good and some are bad but I just try to get through the day. Take care and be safe

3. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is. My mother passed around 30 years ago, my father around 10 years ago and most recently my sister whom I lived with and was my best friend. I, too, feel an emptiness in my heart that is always with me. There is no easy answer on coping with such grief. I take it one day at a time and try to remember all the good times we had together. Some days are worse than others and I still find myself crying for no special reason. When immense grief overtakes me I try to keep busy until I feel calm again. It is a very difficult journey and I wish you well - stay strong and safe.