*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Just lost my son

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Gary Clark, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Gary Clark

Gary Clark Member

I just lost my son 2 days ago, he took his own life and left behind a wife a 2 children. He had attempted 2 years ago but luckily someone found him. We were working at getting him better and and thought we were on the right track. He just got a new job and was going to start on Monday.
    I am so lost with with my feelings. Ok one minute and crying the next.

2. Weldnh20

Weldnh20 New Member

Gary, I understand your loss. We lost our son in law August 26th, and I've cried everyday. I loved him with all my heart

3. Weldnh20

Weldnh20 New Member

Gary,
    We were on our annual motorcycle trip when my wife called me. I was devastated, worried about my daughter and grandchildren. It's been nearly three weeks and I physically feel awful, I lost 20 pounds in two weeks . I'm eating better again but it surely took its toll on my body. A friend of mine offered a comforting message " grief never ends, but it does change. It's a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor is it a lack of faith, it is the price of love"

4. Gary Clark

Gary Clark Member

I lost my dad a couple years ago and thought that would be the most pain I would have to deal with. But the loss of my son is far worse then I could ever imagine.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  5. Weldnh20

Weldnh20 New Member

Gary how are you doing? I'm looking for someone I can connect with, you and I have both suffered painful losses in our life time.
    I lost my oldest son Joshua on Thanksgiving day 2005 due to a blood clot, August 29th 2019 my younger brother Jerry took his life, and just recently my son in law Justin took his life. My brother was 50 years old and for nearly 40 we were together everyday, I miss him dearly and wish I would have been a better brother and tried harder to help him. Justin married my daughter 5 years ago and they have two daughters Violet and Norah. I loved Justin as if he were my own son and I'm heartbroken.
    Dan

6. Olfashdeb

Olfashdeb New Member

I am so very sorry you are going thru this unbelievable pain. I am unfortunately a bereaved parent of my dear son Christian, who passed 9-19-20. I will never be right. Each day is a struggle. I pray you find comfort.

7. Olfashdeb

Olfashdeb New Member

8. Olfashdeb

Olfashdeb New Member

9. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Yes, the loss of a child, even an adult child is devastating. I am very sorry for your loss.

10. Chris M 2000

We lost our 28 year old son as a result of suicide.
    May God comfort you and strengthen you to get through this.
    We are here for you whenever you feel expressing your true feelings would help. We can understand and care about you.
    Chris

11. Gary Clark

Gary Clark Member

We will be having the service for my son Jordan on 10/6/2021 this coming up wendsday. The last couple of days I have felt very distant and disconnected. I think this is just a coping thing at this time knowing what is coming up in a couple of days.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  12. Chris M 2000

QUOTE="Gary Clark, post: 20184, member: 26335"]We will be having the service for my son Jordan on 10/6/2021 this coming up wendsday. The last couple of days I have felt very distant and disconnected. I think this is just a coping thing at this time knowing what is coming up in a couple of days.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It takes time for the reality of this awful tragedy to sink in. I think God designed our minds to come to the reality slowly because it would be just too much if it all hit at one time. What you are feeling is normal-an escape mechanism of our mind and heart to try to survive something so devastating.
    May God strengthen you and comfort you to get through these next months.
    When your heart tells you to do something, no matter how silly or abnormal it may look like to others, do it, because it will help you survive. I felt like kissing my son's coffin just before they were ready to lower it into the ground. I had never seen anyone do that before, but I didn't care because it was what I felt an urge to do. We try to please others at our own expense much too often.
    We will be praying for you. Stay in touch here where people understand and care about you.
    Chris

Patti 67 likes this.
  13. Chris M 2000

Thinking of you and praying for you on this difficult day.
    Chris

14. Chris M 2000

Thinking of you on the most difficult week of your life.
    Chris

15. Gary Clark

Gary Clark Member

I have lots of support and the service was nice. He loved the out doors , so he was placed on a hill side over looking the ocean and trees. We planted a tree in his spot to grow. I have had family and friends keeping me busy these last few days and decided to go to work today. (Luckily my boss is also a great family friend that has watched my boys grow up so he is deeply saddened by my loss and has my back on what ever I need to do).
    I did have a small break down today at work, lucky there is a place to go and not be bothered by anyone.
    I will say I am in a bit of denial today.
    Tomorrow will be tough we have to go pick up his belongings.
    I am thinking about contacting a therapist.

16. Chris M 2000

You have many positive things in your favor, especially the backing at work.
    I was in denial for quite awhile and I think that is normal. Our heart and mind cannot deal with an immediate full impact of what has happened to you.
    Belongings are always hard because they are so personal. I still have trouble with that and decided it is best just to keep them in drawers and boxes and not try to "go over them". Some may think this is just avoidance, and it probably is, but why expose myself to stirring up grief and pain again.
    I think your idea about contacting a therapist is a good one. It will give you someone to share your thoughts with. Try to get someone who either has experienced grief themselves or is experienced in that field.
    Please stay in contact with us here. We care about you.
    God's peace and strength to you,
    Chris

17. Gary Clark

Gary Clark Member

This Sunday 6/26 is my son's birthday. This will be the first sense he left me.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  18. Chris M 2000

Just saw this today. It is very hard isn't it? I am sorry for your loss and pain.
    May God comfort you.
    Chris

19. Chris M 2000

I agree. It takes time for the reality of this awful tragedy to sink in. I think God designed our minds to come to the reality slowly because it would be just too much if it all hit at one time. What you are feeling is normal-an escape mechanism of our mind and heart to try to survive something so devastating.
    May God strengthen you and comfort you to get through these next months.
    When your heart tells you to do something, no matter how silly or abnormal it may look like to others, do it, because it will help you survive. I felt like kissing my son's coffin just before they were ready to lower it into the ground. I had never seen anyone do that before, but I didn't care because it was what I felt an urge to do. We try to please others at our own expense much too often.
    We will be praying for you. Stay in touch here where people understand and care about you.
    Chris[/QUOTE]

How are you, Gary?