*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Just Broken

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Helene’, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Helene’

Helene’ New Member

Hi I am Helene’ just lost the love of my life Sept 11, 18
    He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer stage 4 with metastasis to the liver in mid July. We did not even have time to wrap our head around the diagnosis and he was gone! Mike was 59 and the kindest man that ever walked this planet! We have been together for almost 41 years! I am lost and broken, I feel incomplete. Priorvto his diagnosis he was fine, got a stomach ache one day and that was it. Pancreatic cancer is sneaky and evil! How do I even go forward? I was suppose to go first we had it all figured out since I was older then him, best laid plans huh
    Never have known such heartache

2. Rickswife

Rickswife Member

I’m so very sorry for your loss. I lost my husband of 32 years in August. The day after my birthday.. Iknow your pain sister., and you know mine. All I do is cry.

3. Helene’

Helene’ New Member

I am sorry for the lost of your beloved. I do know your pain would not wish it on anyone!
    I can handle being alone but I can’t stand the loneliness! If that even makes sense.
    I cry in the morning in the afternoon and at night! Surprised I have any tears left! Hate being without my beloved!

4. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your husband. You are right in saying that we never know what will happen. My father has been ill for years and everyone expected him to go before my mother - who was caring for him. Back in May, however, my mother died suddenly. This is something we we never "get over". Hopefully, we can adapt.

5. JanielovesJesus

JanielovesJesus New Member

I’m so sorry for your loss. I loss my husband of 45 years. Not sure how to live anymore. I’m praying it gets better. Keep on going .