*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I've lost me and I'm getting worried.

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by cjpines, Dec 10, 2020.

1. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

My husband died 5 weeks ago, and yes I know it's soon, but I'm scared.

We were married 39 years, we were close, did mostly everything together.

I've lost my spirit, my days are in motion, I feel nothing. I don't feel alive. Basically, I died with him. I'm completely dead inside. Absolutely no feelings, none.

I've tried some things here on the forum, exercise, getting outside, eating, nothing helps. I feel mentally unsafe. I'm not suicidal.

I've talked to a Chaplain, reading books, writing my daily thoughts in a journal, nothing helps.

Thanks for reading, any suggestions I may try.

2. Billfromwa

Billfromwa Well-Known Member

3. Sorry for your loss. You are absolutely right about how you are feeling, spot on. I know. Best thing I have done is join the chat room in the morning. It is the worse time of day for me. I just need to talk and sometimes it can set my mind in a better place. Give it a try. You can talk about your grief or not. Lost my husband of 47 yrs just about 3 months ago. Like you we did everything together. Can be quite scary because we have never been here before and we don"t know what to do or act or think. I have a bracelet with a saying that helps me when I face something I don't really want to do. "Difficult paths often lead to beautiful places" I have meditated on the different meanings that can be applied to. I guess it is like a matra for me. Hope some of this might help you. I wish you peace of mind.

HW2927 likes this.
  4. Billfromwa

Billfromwa Well-Known Member

5. Oh, CJ, everything you did try, worked. You have gotten to here. So now you keep trying more and you will get farther.

Melinda G likes this.
  6. cjpines

Did you join this chat group? Does it help?

7. I did and it does help altho' I have only been on 1-2 days. If you have a time when you want to talk, I will try to be there. I am a late morning person. Like 9-11. Strange thing about me, is I do sleep. Maybe I will get the sleeplessness later.

8. cjpines

Yes, thinking of trying the chat. My hardest time is late afternoon to early evening, maybe that's when I'll get on.

9. that was when my grief hit me first , it keeps moving around so be prepared for that.

10. Songman

Songman Well-Known Member

11. Songman

12. Songman