Its been a yr and a half... Walking alone

Discussion in 'Dating Again After the Loss of a Spouse/Partner' started by Lostrightnow, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Lostrightnow

Lostrightnow New Member

I lost my wife May 1st 2018., I was 17 yrs her senior and ended up being her hospice nurse.. This wasn’t supposed to be... I had retired and was looking forward to spending our days together.. She was finishing her masters degree.. Now I’m lost on where to turn .

2. Mermaid

Mermaid New Member

Hello, I lost my husband and best friend of thirty years 7 months ago from cancer. I was his caregiver for the 15 months he was ill. I'm experiencing loneliness for the first time in my life and it hurts. As middle child of nine and mother of two (now grown) this is first time I've lived alone. Thank god for my dog and my work- they get me up and out but I have trouble sleeping and am sick of talking to myself! John and i had so much fun together. He was hilarious! Silly and affectionate and showered me w attention. I miss him terribly. I'd like to meet someone but I'm not my best self right now...I'm depressed. How is this gonna change? I do not know. Maybe I should take a dance class? The only thing impossible is to love and to part. - from A Room w A View