*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

It only worse

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Rebekah, May 8, 2020.

1. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

AML,

I will just say, exactly. I spent months holding on to and reliving, tortuous missing, all of it. The obsession thinking runs non stop. What I read here are great marriages. Truly inspirational marriages like Robins. What does our culture say so often? All the failures and divorces. What comes out of that? Broken families and economic hardship. So, when a person like you express ones that worked and went the distance I feel both relief and hope. Thank You for being that and sharing your life.

The painful missing I know so well. That one has lessened and I credit this place and some good friends for just company as I crawled out of the pit. Not easy in the least. The deity stuff I just don't spend much time with. Not My DNA. The place I will eventually end up at and this is with both my mother and wife. I had the good fortune of two tremendous women in my life. Mostly I will think of their qualities and who I am today because of them. We have to end up in gratitude for the good fortune that our loved ones are. Hopefully, make their qualities our own.

If you chose to express the qualities you most loved. I would be most interested in what you have to say. Those are the good that humanity can be. So often we see the poor ones. The place you are in I know. I have all the empathy possible for that place. I just support you in that process.

I wish you well.

Paul M.

2. AML

AML Member

Thank you so much Robin, it does help as I feel like I'm going crazy most of the time. I did finally reach a grief counselor willing to do phone appts. hoping that will provide me some sort of coping. Right now, I am in day by day, hour by hour mode and just trying to stay as busy as possible threw this emptiness and pain.

3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

AML,
    You’re not going crazy, you’re in pain and our bodies and minds don’t know how to react.
    Hour by hour, moment by moment. That’s the best plan. Don’t expect too much of yourself, you’re not up to it. We seem to go into a shut down mode, the loneliness is overwhelming, everything being different. We’re vulnerable as we mourn our loved ones, it’s takes next to nothing to lose it.
    But being on this site means you’re not alone and we all understand your pain. We know how bad it hurts.
    Hope your counselor helps you, and we’re all here for you.
    Just take baby steps.
    ❤️Robin

paul tinker likes this.