*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

It’s been a long year...

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by TJones, Jun 2, 2020.

1. TJones

TJones Active Member

Some of you know me, some of you don’t...I’ve been here for a couple months now.

My dad passed away mid-March. I’ve managed reasonably well since his passing but I do have my days. I miss him every day.

May 31, my daughters lost their dad in a MVA. Very tragic and obviously unexpected. I’ve stood back and let them make their own decisions but offered gentle guidance if needed. Today, final arrangements were made. I went with them and like the young women I’ve raised - they made the arrangements that had to be done. Today is also my oldest daughter’s birthday - 28. I am so proud of our girls. He and I didn’t make it, but we have amazing, independent daughters.

TJ ❤️

Zena70, Kaptu and Sweetcole like this.
  2. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for you and your kids loss. Its good your girls were able to do what needed to be done. That's a sign that yall raised them right.

TJones likes this.
  3. TJones

TJones Active Member

Sweetcole,

Thank you.

TJ

4. Kaptu

Kaptu Member

Dear TJ,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your father. And i am sorry for the loss of your daughter' father. am glad that you are feeling better even though you have your days.
    It is really devastating to lose a parent. I lost my mom one year ago as well. I have started to heal, but like you, have my moments. I think the first year is the worst.

I know your daughters will travel this road me and you have been and still are in, of losing a parent. I know you will be a great support to your daughters. They will get the ear that understands, as we in this forum now know and understand very well that only someone who has gone through this journey truly understands. I pray for you, strength to walk with them at their pace, wisdom to say the right words. I pray for your daughters, for comfort and peace as they walk this path of healing, hoping they arrive there soon.

For me this site has been so important. I have poured out my heart here, and some, like 'Letter to my mother', which you replied to and i am so thankful for your encouragement, was too painful and personal that i had it taken down. i find that as I write down something, whether replying to someone's post or posting a thread, I start to feel lighter inside. My mind relaxes. It felt like an easing of pressure on my poor mind. I hope your daughters will come to this site and post, or just journal their feelings.

Peace and love,
    Kaptu

5. TJones

TJones Active Member

Kaptu,

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I recall your post and I could feel the pain behind your words. I hope that you are moving along in the right direction and that each day gets easier.

My girls are treading this new normal very well. They both seem to cling to me right now and that is okay. I reassure them daily that their dad loves them and although they are apart he is closer than they think. It’s just going to take time.

I pray you are well.

TJ

6. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

T
    9j
    TJones i know now how hard grief hits you. Exact one month today since my dad passed away. I am missing him in each breath I am drawing . Indescribable pain... grief . Happiness has turned it's back on me it seems. Good to know u r treading still gracefully.