*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

It’s been a little over 3 years I lost my sis 2 days after my birthday

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by SadShells, Jun 8, 2020.

1. SadShells

SadShells Member

It still feels unreal...

2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. I lost my sister a little over a year ago and it was a week after my birthday! I, too, find it hard to believe. I still have days when all I can do is stare at her picture and break down in tears. We were extremely close....she was also my best friend. Sending you a big hug!

SadShells likes this.
  3. SadShells

SadShells Member

My sister and I were not speaking due to her addiction and the strain it caused. I carry around guilt every day that I didn’t do more to help. Although she was younger by 11 months, I looked up to her and she was my fierce protector all my life. She was all I had. Our mother abandoned us as toddlers and my father remarried so it was always just the two of us (and my step-brother who passed in ‘98). I feel lost and alone... sending hugs and thoughts of healing your way!

4. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

There is just so much one can do for another person's addiction. You were not responsible for your sister's addiction, and although you feel some guilt, I am sure you did the best you could. Ultimately, it was her who became addicted and caused the strain between the two of you. Please remember that as you continue to move forward in your life. It is very hard to feel so lost and alone. Although my situation was different as my sister and I were very close and the best of friends, it still hurts so much. My sister was the last remaining member of my immediate family and I, too, often feel lost and alone in this world. The pandemic we are experiencing makes these feelings more intense. Try to remember the good times you once shared...sending healing thoughts your way too!

SadShells likes this.