*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Is it wrong, i dont feel sad towards the death of my Grandma?

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Autumn, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Autumn

Autumn New Member

Me and my grandma were close, i stayed at her house every weekend to help her and my Nina but we lost her after she had a fall in the bathroom, and then she started going down from there, she was in an out the hospital for a month and then was put on hospice, but she held on for 2 weeks before we had lost her on the 23rd of December 2018. We just had her funeral on the 11, and i didn't cry or anything i didn't feel anything when i saw her in the casket. I feel everything else towards everything else but i just don't feel anything towards her. the only thing i feel towards the death of her is guilt i should feel something, like everybody else, i love her don't get me wrong, she was the sunshine in my world but there has to be something wrong with me for me not to feel anything towards her.

2. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

Going to say no right or wrong answer to this or someone with more insight should comment. I would say you are young. It might be a slow trickle with subtle small reminders. Might be you are protecting yourself and will feel it more later. You may just be a pragmatic type of person and the passing is a part of life to you. I spoke to a woman who was the last to draw my wife's blood. She was one of the best as Kay's cancer made that shore harder. We talked about services and are they for us or them. She was most likely Catholic and married a long time. I could feel she really dug her husband. She took a real low key approach to grieving. Her friends would comment. She just had her own way. We are complex and our relationships are complex.

Ray G. likes this.
  3. Ray G.

Ray G. Well-Known Member

It might be you are in shock or denial. You said you were close to
    Granny. Might be alot closer than you thought.

I lost my dainty dearness the 16 of March this year and it is a month and half now and it is very clear to me I am out of shock and/or denial
    So don't go feeling bad about it.
    Only you know in your heart how you felt about your Grandmother and how you loved and cherished her and Jesus knows that.
    God does not want you to feel bad right now because he loves you and
    I think you will mourn her loss at a time when you will be more mature about these matters. Yes you will very sad for a while, that is a given.
    Just know that everyone grieves in their oen way. No right way, No wrong way.