*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Introduction / Prostate Cancer / Maryland

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Riley Rose, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Riley Rose

Riley Rose New Member

There is grief before and after loss. It is a process, that begins with,
    in our case, a diagnosis of Prostate Cancer.

This is hard. This is life. But there is so much more to life, than this.

I just have to remind myself of that, when the tears hit.

I have been down this road before, and on the earlier losses, I did quite poorly, on my acceptance of that which was dealt us/my family and myself. I am older now, and have seen many meet their end in grieving without power. I do not intend to make that my inheritance. Hopefully I am wiser and older at 60, to do this in a way that will allow those who will leave, peace of mind, and those whom remain, empowerment.

At this point it is we. Not me. Even if things do not turn out as "WE" would have preferred, it is always the we of your past and present relationships, and the challenges that you have overcome as a result of strength and that we. So pardon me if I talk in the we.

I have lost and mourned in the past, most recent is the premature death of two of my dogs both were 2, and that was quite and continues to be quite a pain that we carry. Before that was the death of my dearest mentor, my mother, who taught me all about resiliency, passion and good in this world.

So here I am again, as we deal with a diagnosis of Cancer, for he who is my friend and husband. This is a tough one. But I am not the only one suffering this fate on this earth, for live long enough, and be fortunate to share of your heart, and you will experience that or something that is handed out for you. It is a crappy hand of cards to say the least.

What am seeking for me, for we, for my pack. I often think in pack terms for I am that much of a dog bonded person. I would like to connect with others in this immediate area of Maryland, maybe a couple that is going through the same thing. Maybe those women and men who have spirited rough tumble pooches, and they miss their loved one that is not there. Maybe we can forge a friendship and meet up at dog park or hiking and expand both our and my dogs social circle so that we are stronger for this crappy chapter we have been handed. I AIM TO EMPOWER. Both myself, and those around me. Resiliency is contagious.

On that note, feel free to write to us, and we shall welcome that reaching out.

Husband is retired. Since this hit, I have come out of retirement, and am looking for online work (part-time), to help with finances and stress. We have decided some traditional and alternative means of treatment. The alternative are not covered by insurance, thus the online work.

My husband has been recently diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. We are going through the horrors of "Did it leak and go elsewhere". We are active. We are 73 and 60. We love to do things with our dogs (2, 50 lb pooches that love everyone/all dogs). If this sounds like you, and you need to infuse your life with support and friendship, please join in and I shall respond to all comments.