*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Introduction n new here

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Rosedawn, May 12, 2021.

1. Rosedawn

Rosedawn New Member

Hello. My aunt passed away almost a week ago. Doctor told us she had 6 months to live n then a week later she stopped breathing. She was my rock and more of a parent than my parents were/are. My dad passed away about 5 years ago n my mom and I have not seen each other for years. My aunt was my rock n my best friend. I’m not sure how to move forward from this as well as my mom reentered my life from this and blames me for the distance between her n I n her and my aunt. I just feel lost and numb. Thank u for reading.

2. alwaysme

alwaysme Well-Known Member

How are you doing? I have people in my life who gave me things my parents could not. I’m sorry for your loss. Your aunt will always live on in you and continue to give you what you need. I hope you can find ways to feel close to her.

3. alwaysme

How are you doing? I have people in my life who gave me things my parents could not. I’m sorry for your loss. Your aunt will always live on in you and continue to give you what you need. I hope you can find ways to feel close to her.

4. susan beaulieu

susan beaulieu Active Member

hi. i just joined and im still finding my way around here.forgive me if you reach out and im slow finding you.....my husband died suddenly exactly 3 weeks ago.I had checked myself into a hospital having my own nervous breakdown the day before he died .whatever happened in that hospital worked wonders and i am ok for the first time in a very long time and im so sorry that my husband will never be able to see me smiling.my children were left to deal with the horror of that day while i was obliviously trying to reach him on the phone.I lost my dear father less than a year ago & even tho i had stopped being spiritual i now beleive he was looking out for us considering multiple ways this tragedy could have unfolded.Due to circumstances my children could have lost both parents and i could have lost my entire family..so many variables so intertwined..this is my fear come true and im still hear.Being resiliant to my great surprise

5. susan beaulieu

i apologize i seem to have posted in the wrong place and i do not know how to delete my post..again i apologize

6. alwaysme

There is no right or wrong here. I’m so sorry for all your losses and for the tragedy of that day for your children. I hope you find connections, understanding, and support here. Keep going…there is no right or wrong way to grieve. Stay strong and I wish strength for your children too.

7. susan beaulieu

thank so much, i already feel welcome here bc of your wonderful words