*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

i this ok?

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by susan beaulieu, Jun 28, 2021.

1. susan beaulieu

susan beaulieu Active Member

everytime i run into someone,an aquaintance, and they ask me how ive been,i feel compelled to tell them my husband died last month
    i this ok?
    i dont go into details,not at all.
    i just mention it.

2. susan beaulieu

3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Yes that’s perfectly fine. I actually tried to stay away from a lot of local areas because being asked how are you can be hard. But when asked I’d say it’s been rough, Ron passed last month. It went ok with people and I’d try to keep moving. They would offer condolences and I’d share that I can’t go into it right now. But thank them.

susan beaulieu likes this.
  4. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

While I think it's okay to tell people that your husband recently passed away, I'm still trying to avoid places where I think I might run into acquaintances. It's just too hard for me to mention it. I never know when mentioning it is going to start a flood of tears. I'm not comfortable crying in front of an acquaintance, and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable being around me. If I happen to run into someone I know, and they ask how I am, I tell them that my husband passed away in April, and I'm doing as well as possible given the circumstances. I thank them for their kind words, and move on as quickly as possible.

susan beaulieu likes this.
  5. Onesimus

Onesimus Member

Absolutely ok. It's part of your grieving process. Don't second-guess yourself on that.

cjpines and susan beaulieu like this.
  6. susan beaulieu

its not even so much people who knew scott,,,,i began going to the gym again since stopping since lockdown..i see people i havent seen in a year who dont know my personal life..of course they will ask..."how have you been? everyone good?" so i mention my husband died last month ......BC I JUST HAVE TO GET IT OUT.they offer their condolences & i move on.to another subject..no tears involved..its just so nice to see a friendly face & since its part of who i am right now i need to mention it.
    i dont even care if they care or not...you know?
    of course im also doing ALOT of reaching out to old friends( who knew my husband) & i let them know upfront..i feel it would be thoughtless not to.
    thanks for the feedback tho..i like to know im not being weird.