Grief Self-Study Now Available! Visit Online Support section for more information

I lost the only person I ever fell in love with and understood me

Discussion in 'LGBT Loss' started by Earthangelfaith, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Earthangelfaith

Earthangelfaith New Member

A year and a half ago my partner lost her life in a car accident. Some young men stole a car, and while the police were in pursuit of them, they crashed with my partner at high speeds.

It's so hard being without her. She woke me up to who I really am authentically. I can't watch the shows we used to watch, or go to the places that we used to frequent together.

I don't know what to do. I just don't know. Everybody in my life would rather I put on a fake smile and act like everything's okay even if they aren't, then to show how truly sad I am still. They keep asking when I'm going to date or why don't I just move on and I don't have the answer to that I just know my heart isn't ready yet. And I miss her so much.

Lately my grief has been hitting me pretty hard and I just don't know how to move forward.

In my photo I'm the person with glasses.

Attached Files:

2. Stevieb

Stevieb New Member

Thank you for responding to my post. Today marks only 4 weeks of grief for me. I was so sad when I read your story. My deepest sympathy. You both have infectious smiles!
    I feel so alone and put up a good front. I cry every day.
    My hobbies keep my mind active, but now the holidays. UGH! We used to decorate like crazy. I just don't understand how people think you should move on. I think gay love is stronger than hetro love. My best to you