I lost my sister, my best friend, my life

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by Maggie2017, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Maggie2017

Maggie2017 New Member

I don’t know where to turn. My grief is consuming me at times. I lost my dear sister April 28, 2020 from metastatic breast cancer. We are a year and 2 days apart but we were as close as any twins could be. We had a tuff childhood, helped each other and I think that is part of our strong bond. We both divorced and decided to live together and became even closer. I think it must be like losing a spouse in some respects. I don’t know this forum, I’m just reaching out for some kind of comfort I guess.

2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. I lost my older sister, who was my best friend, about one year ago. We were only 3 1/2 years apart in age. I, too, lived with my sister and she was the last of my family. I have friends (not where I live) and very few relatives that I even know. It is very hard losing a sibling ... all the memories we shared and good and bad times too. We were extremely closer and this is even harder for me than when my parents both passed away many years ago. Only recently have I been able to look at pictures and able to smile a bit. It was extremely hard doing all the necessary things one must do when someone passes ... and I had no one to help me. Now, after one year's time I feel somewhat stronger. I still miss my sister terribly and will forever miss her but take comfort that she will be in my heart always. Sending you a big hug as you go through the grieving process.