*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my brother Tuesday

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Almso70, Sep 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Almso70

Almso70 Well-Known Member

Hi i am new here so i just thought i would pen this down my brother died suddenly Tuesday and i am so sad and full of grief he was my best friend i miss him so much he was a kind soul and despised anger and hatred he was the only one who never judged me i don't know how i am going to make it through this my heart aches with pain if you would have new him you would have been blessed all he ever wanted was for people to love one another and be good stewards of mother earth i miss him so so much thank you for reading this

JMD likes this.
  2. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you and your brother had a special bond, and that you have great qualities in common. I am sure that he knew you loved him. This will be a hard journey to be on. One minute, one hour at a time sometimes. You will find a lot here to comfort you and many people who understand. Will pray for your peace.

3. Almso70

Thank you this has not been easy by no means

4. SallyD

SallyD Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for what you've been going through. I also lost a good brother on March 31, and he was also the kind of guy most people liked--he was fun, kind, and he looked out for me. Some siblings aren't close, but we'd been through a lot of tough things together, so we had a real bond. I don't know what I'm going to do without him, either. I've been all over these grief websites since this happened....this one is good and has a live chat feature--you can go on, anytime, and chat with someone who's been through a lot, too. Costs ten dollars to sign up for a whole year....it is worth it. I've gone on there sometimes in the early morning when I really can't cope with stuff, and there have been some good people who listen and can give you some support and advice--they've been through this, too. I also like Grief Share....it's got videos where people talk about their experiences with grief and how they're dealing with it, a workbook to go with the videos, and online meetings right now (maybe some in-person ones, now or in the future.) Although it's a church based program, I think a lot of it just applies to anyone no matter what religion you are--it's only fifteen dollars for the book, the online meetings have been free. Grief Haven is another good website--they have drop-in meetings for free where you can talk and hear others....they have more specific groups that you can join and pay for, but they say they won't deny anyone if they can't afford the fee. It is real hard to go through this grief stuff, especially if you lost a really good brother like you and I did. There may even be some free grief counseling in your area, if you do some research. Try to find something that will help you---too hard to do this by yourself, at least for a lot of us. Best to you. Write again if you want.

JMD likes this.
  5. Almso70

Thank you for your kind words i am just kinda going through this

Thank u again

6. SallyD

SallyD Well-Known Member

Best to you, Almso70. I know it's hard....keep hangin' in there.

7. Ter4him

Ter4him New Member

Hi, I lost my brother a year ago. I know what you are going through. When you lose a parent your an orphan. When you lose a spouse your a widow. When you lose a sibling your just that person who lost a brother/sister. It’s like losing a limb. Hoping it will grow back but you know it never will. The pain is still as bad today as it was on the day he passed. He died suddenly of a brain aneurysm. We were so close, lived 3 miles from each other. Went everywhere together. Talked several times a day. Some days I don’t feel like getting out of bed. I put on a smile but inside I’m dying. What I would give If I could only talk to him one more time.

8. Almso70

thank you