*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost 2 daughters at separate times

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by Shawnn Nahkahyen, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Shawnn Nahkahyen

Shawnn Nahkahyen New Member

Even though I lost one in 1991 and 2013 When does the pain lessen

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Hi Shawn, thank you for being here. I am so sorry for your losses. When does the pain lessen? It's a good question and certainly different for everyone. It may sound odd, but sometimes I ask people, how much do we want the pain to lessen? What would it feel like to move forward and not be sad? Because for some people after many years of carrying a heavy grief it can be very hard to imagine life without it. There is no easy answer of course, but I find people are able to move forward when they figure out a way to carry their love for their loved one with them. Balance is a tricky thing in all parts of life, but it's balance that we're looking for. Finding the balance in moving ahead while bringing our loved's one memory and spirit with us. We can do this through honoring them in some way each and every day. We can find small rituals or ways to remember them that allow them to be a part of our daily lives, while we still focus on what's next as we do our best to move ahead.
    I know many parents find it hard to look at (or even have interest in) a future that doesn't hold their children, and I'm sorry you even have to consider it.
    I hope you can find some help and support here. We are here to support you in any way we can. Please take care~

3. Shawnn Nahkahyen

Shawnn Nahkahyen New Member

Thank you for your reply

griefic likes this.