*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I have no one

Discussion in 'Loss of Both Parents' started by Pattycake, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Pattycake

Pattycake New Member

What happens when you have no one? My mother was everything to me and I would call her multiple times a day and now she is gone. Who can I talk to when there's no one there or everyone's too busy?

My life has not been a happy one nor has it been a good one. I am without children, without a significant other, and the people I thought were my friends are nowhere to be found. It's like I've been completely left alone. I'm tired of making excuses for everyone else when they seem to have everything .... They have families they can talk to where as I do not.

There's not a day that goes by that I don't miss my mother.

2. CLA2020

CLA2020 New Member

Hi Pattvcake, I understand what you’re saying. I am in a similar situation except I lost my mom a very long time ago. I rely on my therapist a lot, but we only meet every two weeks. She suggested I check this site out. How was your day today?

3. Pattycake

Pattycake New Member

Just another day....it seems I cry everyday.... I really think I've just given up on a lot of things. I guess we get so caught up in a grief and loneliness...... I keep thinking I would love to have someone to talk to but if I had someone to talk to I don't think I would have anything to say. I know that sounds odd. It's like life moves on without you

4. CLA2020

CLA2020 New Member

Start with the easy stuff- what do you enjoy (even if you don’t enjoy as fully as you did before or think you should)? Do you like tv? Do you like to read? Travel? Cook? Eat? These are simple ways to connect with people. It’s your life, so it can’t move on without you. You are in the drivers seat, how do you want to pass the time?