*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I feel so lost

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by IMissHerSoMuch, Jul 31, 2019.

1. IMissHerSoMuch

IMissHerSoMuch New Member

I feel so heartbroken and so lost without my Mum I don't know how to cope without her she was taken to the hospital via Ambulance we all thought she just had a virus and that her legs were troubling her again and that after a few days stay in hospital on a drip she would be back home and back to her usual self nothing could have prepared us for the devastating news we received off the Doctor when he told us she had Colon Cancer that had spread to her liver and that she also had pancreatitis and an infection and she suffered a minor heart attack and she wouldn't be coming home as they didn't think she would survive more then 72 hours
    71 hours after my Mum was taken to the hospital and we received this devastating news my Mum passed away

Did we miss the warning the signs did the doctors miss the symptoms when she kept going back to them to think she was in so much pain and we didn't know I feel so guilty for not knowing I hate myself for not holding my Mum's hand as she took her last breath as I decided to try and get some sleep as I hadn't slept or eaten much in days

2. John&Sharon

John&Sharon Member

So very sorry for the loss of your mom. Part of grieving is second guessing everything, this board is a wonderful place to help keep things in perspective. I hope you find comfort here.