*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I feel like an orphan

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Blanda, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Blanda

Blanda New Member

I lost my Dad when I was 31 and my Mom at 39. I am 52 and married with no children. I have one Brother and a Niece who was like a Daughter to me. A few years after my Mom died , my sister-in-law, being the narcissist she is, wrote me out of their lives like the rest of our family and hers. They were my support system. The only tie I had to my Parents. Its been over 6 years and they want no part of me. I feel like I am on the outside of a circle trying to fit in somewhere. My name is Maryann from NJ

2. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

Maryann,

This is odd that I read your post. Odd in that I am similar. A point in life wondering both place and connection. Looking to a past that was. Wondering about a future, not in sight. This is an empty uncomfortable time. I think if just patent a door will present. Sorry for this empty feeling. Let's hope it passes soon. Nice Avatar.

Paul M.

3. Blanda

Blanda New Member

4. Blanda

Blanda New Member

Thanks! It's been over 6 years since I saw my Brother so I dont see an end to it anytime soon.