*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I buried my son yesterday

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Lilie925, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Lilie925

Lilie925 New Member

Hi. This is my 1st post. My 38 yr old son was on his way to visit me 1/29 when his vehicle veered across 4 lanes of traffic, down a ditch, rolled over and landed between 2 trees. He was deceased when the EMT's arrived. I am waiting for the autopsy report to show why this occurred. They feel it was a medical condition. I am struggling with if he saw his imminent death as his car rolled over, did he feel pain? This is so sudden. I know everyone says, "s/he was my best friend", but I mean this in every sense of the word. We hung out, had the same sense of humor, saw each other every day. I dont know how I will make it through

2. SouthernGal

SouthernGal Member

Oh my gosh I’m stunned with the thought of how difficult this is for you. That’s just horrible and being so unexpected just heightens the shock. I bet you’re still in shock. I know I am after loosing my mom unexpectedly to not recovering from open heart surgery on Jan 20th. Is he your only child? Do you have anyone for support? Spouse, friends? I’m glad you found this site too. I hope it helps both of us somehow. Wishing you lots of peace.

3. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

Hi

4. Mbeck

Mbeck New Member

Hi,
    I am so very, very sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I just wanted to reply as I very recently lost my mom tragically as well. She was struck by a motor vehicle while crossing the street. I too, wonder what her final thoughts were and did she see her imminent death. I wake up in the middle of the night with terror and the suddenness and trauma have been so tough. I find if hard to talk to people about the details of her accident and end up feeling alone. I just wanted to reach out, say I am sorry and let you know you are thought of and not alone.

5. Lilie925

Lilie925 New Member

Hi, I completely understand where your coming from. I wonder if my son saw what was coming, was he scared, feel alone? The thoughts immobilize me. I am so sorry for your loss

6. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

Hello, I thought I posted here but perhaps it didn't go through. I am so sorry for the Loss of your Son. I lost my 26 old daughter in 2009 in a tragic car accident/ drowning. .I know that it's almost impossible Not to question what our Children were feeling but you will make yourself Crazy.

7. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

I just want to say that I understand feeling Overwhelmed. You fall asleep with it , you wake up with it and it's the only thing that you think of. How could you not.but I just wanted to say that it's a difficult journey but it does change. Having support helps.
    Prayers.

8. Lilie925

Lilie925 New Member

Vicki, thank you so much for responding. I am so sorry for your loss. It just doesnt feel right to lose such a big part of ourselves.

9. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

Hi Like, it is a difficult life changing experience and I remember thinking that I would never wrap my mind around Any of it much less find peace or hope again. My Loss was Ten yrs ago and it has been a journey that I never imagined I would travel or survive but I have. I Miss my beautiful daughter every day but my granddaughter but the Grief has evolved over time. Keep sharing and know that you aren't Alone. Hug's, Vickie

10. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

Sorry for errors in prior message.