*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I am lost

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Mya, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Mya

Mya New Member

Hi everyone I am new here. My name is Mya. I just lost my mother who was my best friend on may 7.
    I can't cope I feel sad then angry then so lost and depressed. I am off of work because I keep having breakdowns during day.
    I want to call her and then remember she is gone. We talked every day.

2. Cece

Cece New Member

I lost my mom a few days ago and thats EXACTLY how I feel. Sometimes I think of something funny and want to call her to laugh about it but I cant...I cant tell her I miss her or love her.

3. Mya

Mya New Member

I can't believe how much it hurts. It' like a bit wrenching pain. I'm getting panic attacks as well.
    I am so sorry for your loss. How old was your mom? Do you have any one to confide in?

4. Julesthetherapist

Julesthetherapist New Member

I lost my mom March 17. It hurts. Exactly the way your describing it Mya. I couldn't work in the beginning either. I never knew when I would just start crying uncontrollably. I didn't even get out of bed the first few days after the funeral. I couldn't concentrate on anything so I could never distract myself enough to stop thinking about it. I thought I would never stop feeling that way. It still hurts. It still hits me hard sometimes. I still cry but it's getting better. I'm out of bed. I'm working. My husband and son helped a lot. They really supported me. I hope you both have people to support you. If not you will find plenty here. You can talk to me whenever you want. I'm sorry for both of your losses.
    Jules

griefic likes this.
  5. kmla1405

kmla1405 New Member

6. kmla1405

kmla1405 New Member

Hello Mya, my name is Cristi. I lost my mother on April 23rd, and was present at them time of her passing. I can totally relate to how you are feeling. You are not the only who "forgets", and I'm sure you can truly understand the sense of disbelief, and utter pain in ur heart when u remember your loved one is no longer with you. It is just a feeling no one else could even begin to fathom if they haven't experienced it. I am truly sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers

7. skisinco

skisinco New Member

Like all of you, I lost my mom. She passed away on 3/15/18. She would have been 85 on 6/18/18. She was my hero, my confidant, and my best friend. I miss her so much. There hasn't been a day that has past where I haven't cried for her. Last week I had a pretty severe migraine at work. I went home, and haven't been back since. I had some suicidal thoughts over the weekend, and ended up on an M1 hold in the ER. My best friend that lives a couple hundred miles from me called my local police. In the last week, I have spent the better of those days in bed. Unable, and unwilling to face the day. I promised my husband that I would find some grief relief so here I am. Baby steps right?! Perhaps by sharing in my grief, I can help someone else...

8. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

I lost my mother suddenly last month - a week before Mother's Day. I found her on the floor. Although it's not as bad, I still have flashbacks. I now have to care for my father who was totally dependent on her. I can only go to work when I can find someone to stay with him. It seems the only time I have to grieve is at night when he is in bed. At that time, the only way to vent is here.