*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I am begging for signs from dad but havn't received any yet

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by @APPY, May 12, 2020.

1. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

My dad passed away on 5/5/20 . Very recently. I am trying soo hard to get back to normal but without much success. I am missing him like anything. His voice the way he used to call me. My world is so empty without him . I am trying to avoid family gatherings as they are bringing up his memories and it is hurting me all the more. Since last 3 days i am begging of dad to give me a sign that wherever he is , he is in peace. Though i have dreamt of him almost every night since his passing still a sign to let me know that he is doing good and a little promise that he will answer to my call always like before.
    Appy.

RLC likes this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

@APPY
    I am so very sorry for the loss your Dad. It’s so recent, this is a long process, let the tears fall, talk about your Dad. Talking helps, as will this site and coming together with others who have experienced such an awful loss. I lost my Dad to cancer when I was 34. I thought I couldn’t live another day without my Dad. Our parents are such important people in our lives. We put them on pedestals and feel they’ll be with us forever. In essence, they are, they’re a part of us, they helped mold us into the person we've become.
    I’m on this site because I lost my husband suddenly to a heart attack. He had no health issues and no previous signs what so ever. He was and is the love of my life, and that day 11/17/18, my world came tumbling down. My daughter 34 at the time was feeling very much like you’re expressing. How do I move on, life isn’t fair, I need Dad! I’m thankful Ron and I had stopped by her house that day, she got to see her Dad looking healthy and strong like always. That night at 9:30 he didn’t feel well and 2 hours later at 11:34 at the hospital he was taken away from us so ubruptly. My son who lives in Florida, was 31 at the time of his dads passing. We all support one another on a regular basis. I feel I know how you’re feeling, and there’s a lot of pain involved. I’m so sorry.
    You mention wanting signs, I understand the need. I get signs from Ron regularly. They usually happen when you least expect it. Sometimes I think back at something and realize, wow, that was Ron. Be patient, your Dad will give you signs. Some are small, like their favorite song being played at a place that would never play that type of music. Coins showing up, I smell Ron’s deodorant in our room often. The first movie my daughter and I went to se after he passed I kept feeling like someone was hovering behind me, pretty constantly. When the movie was over I asked my daughter if she felt people or a person behind us. She didn’t, I felt it mostly over my left shoulder my daughter was to my right. And I kept looking back, I felt like I saw a dark figure each time I looked back. When I got home I did some research, and it made me believe it was Ron watching over me. I had great angst going to the movies, Ron loved movies and we went often. Felt wrong going without him. I cried on the drive there, during the movie and after. And then realized, Ron was with me the whole time. I won’t go into all the signs, but I get them often.
    Do your best to stay busy, talk about your dad and keep posting and reading on here, it is very helpful. It’s only been a week since your Dad passed, give yourself time.
    There are better days ahead, you’ll get there, work towards them
    Sending you hugs! Robin

Sweetcole and (deleted member) like this.
  3. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

Nee
    Needed those hugs badly Robin .
    I am trying to get back to normal. Get up from my bed talk to visitors ( not many people are coming though due to this pandemic) but a void ! Benign yet substantial. I hv read almost all of your posts here .I truly appreciate you. I am 31 yrs old and from India. Hoping to hear from you soon again.
    Love
    Appy

4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

@Appy,
    Thank you, So nice of you to say. I’m so sorry you have to deal with this pandemic on top of losing your dad. Like things aren’t bad enough losing a loved one, but you can’t get the one on one support, that helps so much. People offering condolences and visiting was a big support for me. I’m glad you have some family and friends dropping by, do you have much family that lives close? You should stay in contact as much as possible through through phone calls, FaceTime, zoom, whatever works for for you. Try your best to accept people’s offers to reach out.
    Eventually all your memories with your Dad will make you smile. It’ll take some time but that will happen. Don’t push yourself to do anything. Just do what you feel up to. I know when my dad passed I felt empty, and even though I was married with children, I felt scared. My Dad, my hero, the man that knew everything was gone from my life. But he had also taught me so much and eventually I was doing things that I learned from Dad, and that felt good.
    With Ron’s passing, it was so scary to be alone for the first time in my life. The loneliness hit hard and fast. His empty chair felt like it was staring at me. That’s where it all started, we were watching tv and Ron was sitting in his recliner. No clue as to what was about to happen. Everyone has something that hits them as what feels like the biggest part of their loss. We’re all different, and everyone starts healing in their own time.
    All the best to you,
    Heart ❤️Robin

j23g likes this.
  5. Liley773

Liley773 Well-Known Member

But your dad has reached out to you. In your dreams.....he's showing you he is here with you.......

6. My dad has made himself present on a number of ocassions. To be honest, it feels good for the moment but I really want him back in life so much that I sometimes does not care about anything else. Hopefully it will change over time. I am now in desperate need of company and cant live on my own as I used to. Because I am single, the option left is my mother. Sometimes I wonder what will happen to me if she allso passes away since she is closing in on 80 years. I am luckily good at handling people so I hope to find a partner to live with soon. The corona chrises does not make any easier however. Just little less than for months ago everything was so good, I was actually thinking of the happy 20s on new years eve. What a complete irony. I had, with exception of january, had the worst time of my life, by far.

7. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you going through this. You said you are looking for a sign . It seems like you're getting them but dnt realize it. You dream about him every night. Really pay attention to your dreams. If he visit you ever night he's giving you signs. I'm praying 4 u.