*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Husband

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Gwilda, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Gwilda

Gwilda New Member

I lost my husband of 56 years, 2 months ago. I feel like I have no reason to go on living, I am just waiting to die. My daughter says she is a reason for me to live but she has a family and job she loves. The days are so long and lonely. And most nites are Evan longer. We did everything together. He had been 5 years fighting cancer,
    We worked together for 47 years. I miss him so and am sure my eyes are going to wash out with the tears....

Kata likes this.
  2. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. You loss a part of you so you feel lost. Noone can tell you what to do but sounds like your daughter really cares about you and want you to use her as your reason to keep pushing. There is nothing wrong with crying it's better out than in. Sending good vibes your way and hoping you getting stronger with each passing day.

Kata likes this.
  3. Gwilda

Gwilda New Member

4. susananne

susananne Member

I am sorry for you loss, i feel that way too, my husband died suddenly and unexpectedly just over 8 weeks ago and often i feel like i wish i was dead or/and wish that i had died instead, life is full of emptiness, does it get better? i dont know , - perhaps someone else will asnwer that, = life seems pretty pointless at this time

Kata likes this.
  5. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. You've loss a part of you and you feel lost. I no you feel like your will to live is gone but hold on. He'd want you to live life. Right now it's hard and noone can tell you when itll get better. I don't think the pain will go away but time will make you stronger to deal with it. I lost my fiancee 4 months ago. I have small kids so I mourn him 4 them and myself. I dont cry as much but I have my moments. My son woke up crying for him today and it broke my heart. Everyday is a challenge but we push through. We dont no when we're going to have a good day or a bad one. My kids are my motivation. Look inside yourself and find that very special memory hold it tight and let it motivate you. Praying you get stronger with each passing day

Kata likes this.
  6. susananne

susananne Member

Thank you , for your thoughtful words, i am very sorry for your loss as well. Its so hard.

7. Jeffsjohnson

Jeffsjohnson Active Member

My dear wife was one of those extremely practical sorts. She would say to you, "Are you kidding? Your lost spouse wouldn't want you to suffer. Get a grip on yourself and relish what you have left: your health, your family, your friends. THEY need you, even if you don't need your self." Our lost loved ones would never want to be forgotten, but they wouldn't want us to be paralyzed, sad, angry, depressed, etc. I know these are easy words to say, and I can't say I've come even close to taking this advice - I still struggle with it. But I hear her voice telling me to eat right, excercise, don't drink to much, and for God's sake don't become a hermit wallowing in my own grief. But then she would also say "...and never forget me."

Kata likes this.