*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Huntington's disease

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by John a alaimo, Apr 21, 2019.

1. John a alaimo

John a alaimo Member

I remember this beautiful woman, who was bright and filled my life with joy. Slowly after having a life togethet and our kids, I noticed that she had strange movements and accidents around house. I convinced her to go with me to Drs .That was the turn that made the spiral of one bad thing to another. I took care of her for 10 yrs , horrible situation for my boys to see. The changes came quickly. She was a beautiful woman even with disease she retained that charm. all of her inner beauty inspired me.As I write this I am in such pain , my heart feels crushed. I know she was suffering. But I always wish I could just see her again. She is my soul mate , my whole reason to breath. I just dont know how to go on , and its been almost three years. I love you Josephine!

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

John, I am so very sorry for the loss of your wife. I have seen Huntington's disease up close, and it is such a terrible and heartbreaking disease. You have had to suffer so much in watching someone you love deteriorate in that way, and I think that hurt stays with us for a very long time. Don't think about the timelines and realize that we grieve the loss of the people we love forever, in some way or another. But can we find a life of meaning even after their loss? That's the challenge most grievers face, but I do know those who find support and get help seem to cope better in the long run. So I'm glad you are here and I hope we can be some help to you. Please take care~

John a alaimo likes this.
  3. John a alaimo

John a alaimo Member

4. John a alaimo

John a alaimo Member

Last night my son had such a bad episode of grief. and fear. As you may know this disease is 50 / 50 chance of passing down to children. I am at my witt's end. One son is handling a bit better then other. Everyday I pray that it does not effect my boys. I can not date or go out. All I do is dwell on my beloved wife , and my boys. Work is just torture all day. Then home to more of my dispair and fears of future agony with the possibility of the disease knocking at our doorstep. I can not be with other woman , I feel devoted to my wife. I have been celabent for 11 years , she has been gone almost 3 years. When she became severely sick. She was like a child. We could not be intimate . I will always be a broken hollow shell without her.Thank you sir for your response.