*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

How to help my Mom

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by C_fairview, Sep 6, 2019.

1. C_fairview

C_fairview New Member

I lost my Dad about a year ago. He was a wonderful man that everyone relied on, especially my Mom. My siblings and I are trying to do everything we can to help Mom. She is very anxious about being alone. Two of my adult brothers live at home. They feel they cannot leave her at home alone, especially at dinner or overnight. My Mom is in her sixties, is very healthy and can drive. Yet she is relying on one of the kids to take her wherever she needs to go. Someone will drive her to doctors appointments, church or to the mall. As time goes on I'm starting to get concerned that this isn't the healthiest behavior. My siblings and I are feeling pretty burnt out. We all want to support her as much as we can but I have gotten to the point where I just don't know if we are being helpful. I would love any opinions or suggestions on what we can or should do. Any input at all would be really appreciated. Thank you