*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

How I feel about the Forum.

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by cjpines, Dec 20, 2020.

1. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I lost my husband 6 weeks ago. I felt I needed support other than my friends and family so I found this forum and thought I'd give it a try. As I read your stories of grief I found I was feeling more depressed reading them, so I stopped the forum for a few days.

Then I decided to get back on the forum. As of now, I'm hooked on this site. I no longer get depressed reading, I find it's giving me more strength to get through my day knowing all of us are in the same boat.

I've started to post a few topics and find your answers so helpful. So, to all of you, my friends, I thank you.

Maybe we can find strength in grief?

2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the loss of your husband. I have found this forum very helpful in dealing with grief and connecting with people who understand what we are going through. I do believe there is strength in sharing and expressing our grief with others. Wishing you well.

griefic likes this.
  3. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

cjpines and cg123,

Having been here so long I have evolved. In the beginning, this site was somewhere to just be. Days of insomnia a place to be with others experiencing the same thing. I think just stunned by the severity that grief can be. So looking for a way out, an explanation of why so severe, and how others are coping. The question why is this so severe and how to deal with it. Explanation and education.

I think the kindness most people display is good. Certainly the honesty and candid openness of many stories. Then the scope of loss. All the categories on the site. Loss can be in so many ways. Loss can be a friend, spouse, child, parent, sibling and even one woman's pet died. The common part is a bond that meant so much. Caretakers of long illness or sudden. Still, that bond is missing and takes a huge toll on any of us here.

CJ the forums can be depressing. Some of that is seeing our own phase and discomfort. Also a certain helpless feeling. How can we help when knowing there is no sure help or advice that takes away the pain or distress we know so well. We end up being so internal. This site offers as cg123 has stated. The commonality and we are experiencing the same thing. The ability to express and to console. A break from being so alone and internal.

I have read some terrific exchanges here. Often I want to relieve someone's distress. But that comes in time. That will happen in unique ways. Just endure the healing process.

Best to you both. Glad you are here. Share what comes to mind.

Paul M.

4. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl New Member

---------------------------------
    Thanks for your very thoughtful post.

Cyanotype likes this.
  5. Cyanotype

Cyanotype Well-Known Member

The loss of the bond is a trigger that causes me so much pain......the connection.... being understood.... being accepted..... so many losses

6. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl New Member

I found this very helpful podcast months ago, at the start of the pandemic. It’s about how to cope when you face heartbreaking grief & other adversities. I hope it helps you, as it did me.

https://katebowler.com/podcasts/

Cyanotype likes this.