*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

How do you move on?

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by MargaretH, Jan 7, 2019.

1. MargaretH

MargaretH New Member

We were teens dating, I was 15 and he was 19 but then we split and moved on. 53 years later, he was a widower and his cancer was supposed to be gone - so he contacted me. We had 3 years of a rekindled love, he died from the returned cancer. That was only 3 weeks ago, I am just beginning this journey.

2. Mary0128

Mary0128 Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my husband of 31 years in January 2018. It's been a tough year, and I feel like I've been on the longest roller-coaster of my life with no end in sight. I have find this group very beneficial.
    Welcome

3. DDHunter

DDHunter Member

Margaret, so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how it must feel to find love again and then have it taken away so quickly. And, Mary, you are absolutely right. I always tell people that grief does not go through "stages" that when you finish all of them you are okay, (Kubler-Ross theory of grief that I adamantly disagree with!). Instead grief will be a never-ending roller coaster of highs and lows. All we can do is ride the ride.

4. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your husband. This is the kind of thing we will never “get over” (as some would expect us to do). I think the best we can hope is to adapt.

Reremilz likes this.
  5. Dragonfly01

Dragonfly01 Member

So very sorry for your loss. Was with my honey 24 years and he had a massive heart attack at the age of 47. It's been 4 years now and still dont know how to go on