*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Holiday

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Cyanotype, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Cyanotype

Cyanotype Well-Known Member

So my tears are back again....its now 4 months.....being alone on Thanksgiving....its such a sad time for me.

Hawks likes this.
  2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

The holidays are especially difficult when you have lost a loved one. My sister, whom I lived with and was my best friend, passed away 1.5 years ago and there are days that I still shed days because of missing her so much. I, too, am alone on Thanksgiving and with Covid-19 spiking across the country it makes it even harder to connect with people. Stay strong, keep yourself busy and we will get through this.!

Hawks and Cyanotype like this.
  3. Cyanotype

[QUOTE Thank you for replying. That helps! This is so painful.....="cg123, post: 15367, member: 9101"]The holidays are especially difficult when you have lost a loved one. My sister, whom I lived with and was my best friend, passed away 1.5 years ago and there are days that I still shed days because of missing her so much. I, too, am alone on Thanksgiving and with Covid-19 spiking across the country it makes it even harder to connect with people. Stay strong, keep yourself busy and we will get through this.![/QUOTE]

cg123 likes this.
  4. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]
    Four months for me too - lost my beloved husband in July. I thought I was feeling a bit better, more calm, and then today I cried for him all day, missing him so much. Thanksgiving was our holiday with family in from out of town. He loved it like a little kid. Won’t be the same...I am thinking about how to make it nice, include him in the celebration somehow but make a new tradition. Trying to stay focused on getting things done that I need to do, stay busy enough to feel like I am accomplishing something. I am sure the holidays are part of the reason I am feeling a little lost right now. I find myself wishing they were over already. I will keep moving and pray for peace over the holidays.

Hawks and cg123 like this.
  5. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]
    Thinking of you today on this holiday. I understand how hard it is going to be but know that I am sending you a hug to get through today - which we will.

Hawks, JMD and Cyanotype like this.
  6. Hawks

Hawks New Member

We made it through. But it’s hard to lift my head for the next one. We keep pushing on.

cg123 and Cyanotype like this.
  7. Cyanotype

I understand