*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Grieving the sudden death of my ex-husband

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Stephanie Lind, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Stephanie Lind

Stephanie Lind New Member

My ex and I had been apart for almost 13 years, and although our marriage was unhappy and ended with some ugliness we were able to reach a truce and become decent friends again, which meant the world to me. We never developed a close friendship but we considered each other family, and when I went through some difficult times in later years my ex was almost always willing to provide emotional or financial support. I grew to care deeply about him as someone I'd always be connected with and was truly happy when he found a relationship with a woman who ended up being his partner for about 6 years until he died. I was heartbroken for her as well as my son and stepdaughter (my ex's daughter from his first marriage), but I was also surprised by the depth of grief I felt personally over his passing. It's been about 2 months now and I'm just starting to feel like life is sort of normal again, but I also cry my eyes out and find it hard to accept that he's truly gone.

2. Stephanie Lind

Stephanie Lind New Member

Oops, new here so sorry for the double post. Can a mod tell me how to remove one of them please?