*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Grieving and crying

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by wassdent, Jun 24, 2021.

1. wassdent

wassdent New Member

My wife died after only being sick for 2 months. I knew she was going to die for only 3 days. I have cried at the therapist and other times but I did not cry when she died or at the funeral. I can’t seem to be able to cry for her. What’s wrong ?

2. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I understand the heartbreak you're going through because my husband recently passed away. Everyone deals with grief differently. Just because you didn't cry at times when you think you should have, doesn't mean you loved, still love, your wife any less. Please be gentle with yourself. There is no right or wrong way to grieve. Take care of yourself the best you can. I wish you didn't have to find this site, but I'm glad you did. Sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace...

Sweetcole and Returning joy like this.
  3. Sheila512

Sheila512 Well-Known Member

You are crying for her . Maybe not at the funeral but thoughts of her make your grief come forth, and brings tears. All grief is different...allow yourself to follow your heart. Best wishes for a happier future