*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Grief

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Cyanotype, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Cyanotype

Cyanotype Well-Known Member

Its 3 months for me with my loss. I now have some emotional relief.... I am crying less. Still very sad but grateful to have relief......

2. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

❤️ Glad you are starting to have some times of feeling better. Hoping and praying for peace.

3. Cyanotype

Thank you

4. Cyanotype

When the wave of emotion comes towards me I am hit hard and then I am quiet again. I can not control this process.

5. Cyanotype

Today I am flooded with memories.....creates tears.... 3 months later

6. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Today I'm sad. Don't know why today. I lost my wife Peg one year and six days ago suddenly from a brain aneurysm. We were together 25 years. I can't explain why I'm sad today. I just woke up that way and it's stayed with me all day. I went out for breakfast and it went away for a short time but on days like this grief just sits there in the back of my mind and says I'll be back when you're done. Grief is a monster and it can't be controlled. I'm doing a good job of moving on with my life but that doesn't mean grief goes away or gets any easier. It does come around less often though. Sometimes it stays for one day, sometimes more. It can't be explained or controlled. Not by me anyway. I don't know how. I'm going to bed soon and hope I feel better tomorrow. I wish I had good advice for you on how to handle or even understand grief. Just breath. Take one day at a time. Grief will come around less often as more time passes. You'll cry less often too. This is my journey and how I'm doing. I wish you love and happiness. Love is the most wonderful thing in life but it can hurt so much too. Peace.

brbr1505, cg123, Sweetcole and 2 others like this.
  7. Cyanotype

Hello, Thank you so much for responding. You describe what I have been feeling......I am ok for days and suddenly memories come in an D.C. they do not comfort me produce painful crying.... then it all stops until I am triggered again....I wish you well and please keep communicating. Support is healing and breaks up the isolation.

Barry likes this.
  8. Cyanotype

Mistake D.C. means nothing