*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Grief is the price we pay for love.

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Jeffsjohnson, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Jeffsjohnson

Jeffsjohnson Active Member

Not sure where this line came from, but it’s true. The true sign of love is that we’re grieving. If the person didn’t matter we’d be over it by now. But the lucky ones of us have known love.

Kata likes this.
  2. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Yes! I've read that too! Along with " my tears honor the love we had for 25 years ". I'm a little over 8 months in now and I still can only do one day at a time. I think I spent the whole first month in shock. Didn't eat for 3 days. Finally had to see a doctor for sleeping pills because I couldn't sleep more than 2 hours at a time. Lost 25 pounds. Grieving is horrible! Still to this day not an hour goes by that I don't think about her. I don't cry as often as I used to. Twice today. Twice yesterday too but not every day anymore. Find peace any way you can. You can't live sad forever. I know that's hard to hear. I'm sorry we are both in this terrible place. I'm going to do the best I can to live a healthy, happy life. I hope we can both find peace.