*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Grief, I’ve learned, is really love

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Jeffsjohnson, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Jeffsjohnson

Jeffsjohnson Active Member

“Grief, I’ve learned, is really love,” writes Jamie Anderson in this beautiful piece. “It’s all the love you want to give but cannot give. The more you loved someone, the more you grieve. All of that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes and in that part of your chest that gets empty and hollow feeling. The happiness of love turns to sadness when unspent. Grief is just love with no place to go. It’s taken me seven years to realize that my grief is my way of telling the great vastness that the love I have still resides here with me. I will always grieve for my Mom because I will always love her. It won’t stop. That’s how love goes.”

In the book On Grief and Grieving, Elisabeth Kübler-Ross writes, “The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to.”

Mary0128 likes this.