*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Greiving a traumatic death of husband of 15 years

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Butterfly2020, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Butterfly2020

Butterfly2020 New Member

Hi im new here but my husbabd has been gone for almost 2 years we are coming up on the 2 year anniversery March 28th.Let me start by saying me and my husband met really young and were young parents.He was my everything the father of our two children,i was 7 months pregnant with our 2nd child when he passed away.I have been struggling lately it feels like he is still alive somewhere to me i feel like sometimes i think i see him when im out places.Is this a normal part of greiving?Thank you.

2. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

Hello, I read your Post and I am very Sorry for the Loss of your husband. I haven't lost a spouse but I did lose my adult daughter some years ago. She was married and left behind a beautiful five yr old daughter. My son in law was absolutely devastated and even to this day he still Misses her. I will tell you my thoughts on grief and please know they are just 'my' thought's. The second year of grief to me was actually more difficult in some ways because the shock and numbness have worn off mostly. Your life as much as it has been changed forever starts to go through the routine of day to day life. Even though we feel like we are dying inside we keep doing our best to get through life. It's kind of like being on autopilot. You are not crazy you are still trying to wrap your mind around your tremendous Loss. You loved your husband and we're building your family and then it All Changed. Just know that talking about it does help and hopefully you have some support. Sometimes people don't always understand Grief has No expiration date. Keep coming and sharing. You are Not Alone. I know it can feel like it but you aren't.

My prayers to you, Vickie