*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

First Birthday

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Littleneckanne, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Littleneckanne

Littleneckanne New Member

Today is my mother's birthday. She died on August 30. Flowers.com keeps reminding me that I haven't sent her flowers yet. She was 87 when she passed from vascular dementia. Essentially, I lost the person I knew as my mother six years ago when the disease took over her mind yet the sting of her physical death is quite painful, especially today.

2. CAL425

CAL425 Member

Hugs to you. I lost my mother in April. She died of Lewy Body Dementia. I miss her everyday. Her birthday will be December 1st. I keep knowing it is coming...I keep looking at the calendar and I catch my breath and cannot breathe. I am thinking how am I going to manage work? I can only imagine. How you feel, I am sure the pain is so very very deep and raw. It's okay, to not be okay today. Let your self grieve. I am sending you thoughts of healing and warmth.

3. Littleneckanne

Littleneckanne New Member

You are so kind. My mother also had the Lewy Body symptoms. Comforting thoughts to you as well.