*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Feeling devastating lonely

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Matt71, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Matt71

Matt71 Member

I’m going through very recent separation. Combination of death of step son in last six months and now this terrible on mental health and emotionally on my heart

2. Sheila512

Sheila512 Well-Known Member

Grief is so very personal. Everyone copes differently. I first cloistered myself and gradually opened up to seeing people. That was after my husband passed. I was doing well...my sister died..bam. another loss. My adult son, who moved in with me during the pandemic, left today and bam, another loss. Allow yourself to grieve as you need to. If crying helps, then cry. If going to the movies alone, do it. If you have a good friend, allow them in. Writing helped me a lot. I started writing on a piece of poster board. Several times a week I wrote how I left and it was depressing at first,. but it got better. I can look at it now, and see how I progressed from cloistered to allowing myself some freedom. So do what feels right. Good luck for a brighter future.