*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Excepting the things we can change , asking God to change things He can...

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Jonathan57, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Jonathan57

Jonathan57 Guest

Well for the last 45 days I've been crying my heart out, just wondering when I was going to get to my Breaking Point. I was getting so frustrated I feeling like this feeling all this heartache.
    Now I believe in a higher power and I believe that will help me if I ask him for it. I can honestly say do the last 45 days I've yelled and screamed I even blamed God for my loss. Even though I know deep down inside that she is safe up in heaven.
    I really wanted to intensity of this heart to stop I couldn't handle it anymore. It was honestly driving me crazy. So I asked:. I can't take this intense me anymore I can't take this crying anymore I just can't take feeling like this anymore I need you to back down.

And to my surprise I woke up the next morning after crying all night finding that I've had some type of relief, the heartache wasn't so bad it didn't hurt with this intensity.
    No I'm a firm believer and that God doesn't give more than you can handle and if you ask for help he will give it to you...

No I'm not saying that God fixed all this heartache and I don't have any more pain and I don't think about my amiee anymore, quite far from the truth it's the intensity of these feelings that have been turned down. I'm not saying this is a quick way to fix what you're feeling now...or the way that you're going to feel later.
    But asking for help and talking to people on this site has lighten the load for me. I believe the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    I know that God's not a genie or wish granter but I don't think He gives us more then we can handle.
    I just wanted to share my experience with you all to hopefully help you through your journey I know it's not easy it's not for me either this is a day-by-day thing. I just hope my experience help somebody else to through these rough times.
    -Jonathan S.- A man of experiences...

Tammlamm and ainie like this.
  2. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

Jonathan,

My heart goes out for you in this time of great sorrow. The intense sorrow for the one you loved so much Aimee, is something of what true love becomes for each of us. After the loss of Aimee your heart won't ever give in to her loss, nor did mine when I lost my Nadine. I have shed a million tears for her, my heart will ache for a thousand lifetimes, and when it is love, so will yours. Let those feelings come to the surface and always remember love will never cease, even after the loss.

Jonathan, I believe Aimee is right there with you in spirit as Nadine is for me. Sometimes my actions are guided by feelings not my own. As I grew with Nadine and walked through life with her, so were you with Aimee. It is never wrong to feel that intense loss, it is one that each day brings back so many memories. I will never forget, as I am sure you will not.

I was there once Jonathan, I wanted to be with Nadine, but then I am reminded of my two sons, and you of Aimee's children, and you realize how life is still good for all of you, for me and my two sons. I know my sons ache inside somedays, just like Aimee's children do, it is just so hard to show it sometimes.

Jonathan, faith is a guiding light for us both. Though we can't know where life will take us, our belief in God will help each of us through even the toughest of times in our life. Sure our prayers may not always have the answers we seek, but if you never lose that faith, you will stay grounded in the most troubling of times.

Jonathan, never stop believing. I will as well. Tomorrow and the road we each take is not yet written, but one we can face with faith in ourselves.

Please take care, please keep reaching out, and as each day passes, some of that misery will slowly start to lessen with time. One day, your sorrow, will always be coupled with so many wonderful memories of those wonderful times you shared with Aimee. Peace be in your heart today, it is for me now. God Bless Jonathan.

Peace brother,

-david

Love is

Tammlamm likes this.