*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

EMDR Therapy - A Lifesaver!!

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Jersey, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Jersey

Jersey New Member

A month ago I had to break a storm door to find the love of my life in the basement. Blood everywhere. He was dead covered with blood and blood all over the washing machine and floor. He died of a cardiac pulmonary embolism. I was traumatized. I could not get the horrific images out of my head. Living with them day and night. Exasperated, I contacted a mental health professional. We met by a secure video and she had me do EDMR therapy twice a week for a month. I cannot tell you what a tremendous difference it has made to my life!! I no longer feel traumatized. I feel grief and sadness for the man I love. The images no longer haunt me and I can focus on the happy memories we had together.
    EMDR therapy helped me and I thought I would share as it may help someone out there who has experienced trauma.
    When I found him a month ago until just last week I couldn’t sleep and experienced constant crying and overwhelming sadness.
    I urge you with trauma to contact your providers to see if EMDR therapy can help you. I miss him so and long to be with him again someday. My heart is broken. Grief is my path. EMDR helped my not be debilitated by grief.

2. OSL

OSL Member

Thank you for sharing this Jersey. My counsellor is trained in EDMR and suggested that it may be a helpful option for me. I'm glad to hear it was helpful for you. I think I will try it out as well

Jersey likes this.