*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

1. skies24

skies24 Well-Known Member

Here we are at a holiday. For the ones who believe in He has risen... I need some guidance of faith. This is most of our first Easter without our loved one. And Easter celebrates He has risen. I know I wish she has risen a million and ten times. I was raised catholic. And man I wish I had the strong faith and devotion as my grandma. I’m jealous those who have undeniable faith. I question everything every second of everyday.

ainie likes this.
  2. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

Hello Skies. My faith is weak and questioning also but on this day I feel even if the whole story is only a metaphor we can find comfort in it. Perhaps the story of suffering and loss and after a time of rest to rise again is the story of our lives. Perhaps we can look forward to a bright day when our lives once again are filled with light and life.

skies24 likes this.
  3. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

Hello Skies & Ainie & Everyone who reads,

I am a Roman Catholic and truly believe one day we will be with all those we have loved in life. During our most troubling times in life, it doesn't matter with who, or where you are, faith is what can guide each of us through those times.

There is nothing wrong in asking questions, to be troubled with life and wonder why. Each of us have to face ourselves each day as we look in the mirror or lay our head upon the bed at night. My own two sons question if there is a God, but that is ok, I will always hold the faith for us three and try to show them by my actions in life why I believe.

We can't always have our prayers answered. But that doesn't mean he is not with us in spirit. Life can be troubling and sometimes we will not have answers to so many questions. First Here are two versions of the same song. Each is beautiful in its own way.

Just take each day you rise and live it to the best of your ability. Never deny yourself reasoning, and never give in to others, your own decisions should be yours and yours alone. Let your conscience be your guide in life.

I hope one day each of us will have our dreams come to reality, and all our fears will wash away with the sands of time. Take care each and everyone of you who reads this thread, and may your tears, heartaches be healed in time. God be with you all.

- david

cg123 and skies24 like this.
  4. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

David, a very nice statement of your belief. Personal with room for others to decide. Perhaps in our personal chat, you can describe your evolution in your beliefs. Your son sounds OK. There is that lingering was his breathing issue a precursor to a more significant underlying cause. How is the 19 world affecting your state?

5. David Hughes

Paul,

I have started a conversation, a lot of very personal information, with an actual bookmark to a soldier who died, please do not share what is said in there, some things in life are forever to remain guarded. As you will see all the events are just some of my experiences as a child to a man. Life takes many roads for each of us, but even though my own personal faith has been tested it has never wavered. Peace brother.

-david

6. David Hughes

Paul,

Chris is ok. We just don't know the why and if it will happen again. My sons try to keep their space from me.

This isolation is rough. As warmer weather now approaches being inside is exasperating. Even when I was alone in life, I knew it would not be long before others would be near. Mike is on health leave from work till the end of April, so we all are just taking it one day at a time. Maine is tightening controls and you have to have your travel orders if you are stopped.

Chris just informed me I got my stimulus check deposited today.. Good Stuff

-david

7. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

David.

Travel orders are shocking. Some state's masks are required. I think New Jersey and NY. Our governor is advisory on that so far and promotes social distancing. Officially and enforced are nonessential businesses shut down. The city parks were closed for the weekend. We started with limits on a gathering of less than fifty. That seems a lifetime ago with more to come. Test kits and protocols using those have been suggested but those are a month or two out pending the progress and supporting data. Often on the radio. I don't watch TV. He has released the temporary Colorado Military field hospital and 300 ventilators to states with more need. I will be going to the person chat but thanks for the heads up on its in confidence nature.