*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Death anniversary

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by Jeannette, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Jeannette

Jeannette New Member

My son died 3 years ago today. No one remembered or cared enough to tell me that they did. I feel hurt, angry and yet selfish.

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

The anniversary of losing a loved one is always a difficult time. While we hope (or expect) everyone to feel the same as us, that is not often the case. You remembered - and that is the most important thing.

3. ScottsMom119

ScottsMom119 Member

I seem to be the only one in my family who remembers the anniversary of my son's death, January 19, 2016. He was 27 and died from a blood clot that shut his lungs and heart down out of the blue. Everybody calls me on his birthday to make sure I'm okay but it isn't his birthday that bothers me, it's his death day. I relive that day in my head constantly and especially on the anniversary. I don't go anywhere, I don't talk to people that day, I just grieve even more.

4. Robin Francis

Robin Francis New Member

My daughter died on June 18 of brain cancer. No one has offered me condolences at work. It’s like no one knows what to say to me and I feel like no one wants to hear about how I am feeling.
    You have every right to feel the way you do but why selfish?

5. ScottsMom119

ScottsMom119 Member

I think people are scared it will happen to them next, or guilty that it didn't happen to them or even grateful it didn't happen to them. Society tends to believe if they ignore something it either isn't there or will go away.

AdriaStar likes this.