*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Daughter's Father Died

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by improudmama, Jan 8, 2020.

1. improudmama

improudmama New Member

At the age of 5, my daughter lost her father. It has been almost five years now. In the two years prior, there were many, many difficulties with him that led me to tell him he needed to move out; leading to he and I becoming separated than his death a year later. Many medical professionals - pediatrician, neuropsychologist, two different psychologists, behavioral therapists all have called what my daughter went through trauma. She has had difficult times in school ever since starting four months after her dad's death. She participates in karate, and there are no issues there. She would not think about behaving this way there, in her words "he would kill me" (not literally). In part, I often wonder, if it's too many "females" in the school setting telling her what to do, and she's looking for that one stern, person. IDK, what does everyone think? She has an active IEP, and has been evaluated and LMT has been recommended. I don't have these problems at home.

2. improudmama

improudmama New Member

To add to the situation, my daughter's uncle and her grandmother, both on her dad'd side, died two years after her dad and within 6 weeks of one another.