*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Danny's mom

Discussion in 'Loss of Child' started by Carol B, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Carol B

Carol B New Member

Danny Byrnes was the most interesting person in the room. Always. Even his getting sick was interesting. His dying took 2 1/2 years of painful suffering alleviated occasionally--briefly--by absurdity and joy. My world stopped spinning when I knew he was dying slowly, inexorably, painfully. I miss him everyday.

The worst part now--8 years later--are the memories. Most people, I think, relive happy memories of their loved one. I however have mostly sad, horrid dreams and memories of his suffering. I have intense flashbacks that are just as sad and horrific as when they first occurred. it is unrelenting.

Please tell me there is someone out there who has experienced this?! I need to talk to someone who "get it".

2. Katherine Macrone

Katherine Macrone New Member

I lost my 13 year old just in 17 months from his cancer diagnosis. I too struggle with did we do the right thing in treatment? Chemo took so much from him and he suffered during it and I wonder if the time we bought him was worth the agony...and he never got to grow up. He had a brief respite until relapse then he died so fast like a stone sinking. He didn't deserve this. Neither did yours.