*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Dad

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Annette filler, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Annette filler

Annette filler New Member

My dad was diagnosed with cancer in numerous systems and died 1 week later. He died 2 1/2 months ago. He was my last parent alive. I was honored to be there when he died but this by far is the worst death I have had to grieve. It is really hard

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Annette, I'm so sorry for your loss. The loss of a parent is significant and it takes a lot of time to adjust- more time than we could ever expect. Our parents are our first loves and our biggest supporters and it's difficult to know how to live a life without them in it. Getting support from people who understand can help and I'm glad you've come here. If you're looking to interact with others, it can also help to comment in existing threads, as the people who have already responded will be notified- our members are very helpful and someone will always write back. Please let me know if you have any questions about the site or if there is any way we can be of further support. I wish you peace and healing in the days ahead~