*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Connecting

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Deb HD, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Billfromwa

Billfromwa Well-Known Member

Hi cubbo
    If
    You enjoy writing, I say jump on it.
    My Hospice Grief Counselor, Joanie, encouraged me to write and it has been a blessing tome. The writing transfers some of the pain toward remembering the good things and away from the pain.
    I used to write poems for Janet over the years, and now I’m setting those poems to music. It really helps me to deflect the pain. Find something about the past that touched you and write it down. It could be something good or something sad, just write it down. You will find relief.
    Bill

God Bless You.

Deb HD likes this.
  2. Bart

Bart Member

Deb, I’m new here too. Your comments about feeling lost, empty and desolate ring so true. My wife died Jan. of this year, we had 30 years together. I wish I had some helpful comments or suggestions about the grief process but I’m new to this myself and just trying to make it through each day. You are not alone, there are others out here feeling the same, I hope knowing this helps in some small way.

Deb HD likes this.
  3. Deb HD

Deb HD Member

Hi Bart, I am doing a little better now, just trying to get through each day without too much sadness. Being able to connect with people again helps a lot.