*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Completely lost

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by 505Mom, Jul 24, 2020.

1. 505Mom

505Mom New Member

I don't know where to start, but I lost my partner of 15 years to a heart attack. He had just turned 48 a couple of weeks prior. We have 1 child together and 2 from previous relationships. We never married but I considered him my husband. Now that he is gone, I am finding out that he was carrying on a relationship with another woman the whole time and it is tearing me apart. Not only grieving his death, but finding out there was someone else in the picture. So many emotions and I don't know how to deal with them. Does anyone have any advice? Is this a place to talk about this? Can someone help me? I feel so lost and alone.

2. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss. Grief is something that just pulls at you and turns your life upside down. Noone can tell you what to do cause everyone griefs differently. We can definitely be there for you to listen. So you're in the right place. I lost my fiance 4 months ago and we have 2 kids together. My kids are my motivation. So i say hold on tight to your children. I miss him everyday. As for as the other woman I can't speak on it. It's one thing to go through it and have the person to talk to but he's not here so I can only imagine the deceit that you feel along with your grief. So I'm sure combined the hurt is deep. I'm here if you need someone to talk to. I pray for strength for you to get through this.

Barry likes this.
  3. 505Mom

505Mom New Member

Thank you so much for your kind words. I had to seek additional counseling to help me through this time. I was deeply in love and no one can take that away from me. People tell me that it takes time and right now it seems to be going in slow motion, but I have hope.

I wish you and your children well. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to me.

4. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

You're welcome! That's what we here for to support each other. I dont thi k its something we'll ever get over.Time will make us stronger to deal with the pain. I'm glad you got counseling if you felt like you needed extra help. Thank you. Reach out anytime you need to.