*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Colon Cancer Loss

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Elizabethk, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Elizabethk

Elizabethk New Member

I lost my husband in Dec 2016. Due to stage 4 colon cancer. Miss him and feel lonely.

2. Dear Elizabethk,
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I can only imagine how hard it was to watch him get more and more ill from a terrible disease like cancer.
    I truly understand how lonely you feel. My husband died about a month ago. His death was a homicide and a great shock. We were married for almost 45 years, and now it feels like there is a huge hole in my life. I am sad and angry and lonely just as you are. I'm sorry that I don't have any wonderful advice to make things easier for you. Grieving a husband's death seems like it will be a very long process. At this point, I am just focusing on making it through each day. I have found it a bit helpful to do some reading about grief in general, and becoming a widow in particular. At least now I know that I am not going crazy and that many other women have felt the same things and have behaved the same ways as I do. Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers as we both head down this rocky road.
    Cynthia Louise